Cargo Transit (institute cargo clauses)
Road Transit (Land transit)
Air Craft Transit
Risks Covered in Clause "C" (Institute cargo clauses"C"):
This insurance covers:
» Loss or damage to the subject-matter insured reasonably attributable to :
- Fire or Explosions.
- Vessel or craft being stranded, grounded, sunk, or capsized.
- Overturning or derailment of land conveyance.
- Collisions or contact of vessel craft or conveyance with any external object other than water.
- Discharge of cargo at a port of distress.
» Loss or damage to the subject-mater insured caused by:
- General average sacrifice
Following covers can be added to clause C :
- Non-delivery of whole container
- Non-delivery of any shipping unite
- Washing over board
Risks Covered in Clause "B" (Institute cargo clauses "B"):
Same covers with clause "C" in addition to:
- Earthquake, volcanic eruption, or lightning
- Jettison or washing overboard.
- Entry of Sea Lake, or river water into vessel craft, hold conveyance, container, lift, van, or place of storage.
- Total loss of any package lost overboard or dropped whilst loading on to, or unloading from, vessel or craft.
Risks Covered in Clause "A" ( institute cargo clauses "A"):
This insurance covers all risks of loss or damage to the subject-matter insured with exclusions:
- General Exclusion Clause.
- Unseaworthiness and Unfitness Exclusion Clause.
- War Exclusion Clause
- Strikes Exclusion Clause
- Loss damage or expense arising from insolvency or financial default of the owners, managers, chatters or operators of the vessel
- Deliberate damage to /or deliberate destruction of the subject-matter insured or any part thereof by the wrongful act of any person or persons.
- loss damage or expense arising from the use of any weapon of war employing atomic or nuclear fission and/or fusion or other like reaction or radioactive force or matter.
- Road Risk – Land Transit.
- All Risk – Land Transit.
- Road Risk:( as per land transit clause) This insurance covers Loss or damage to the
Subject-mater insured caused by or resulting from:
- Crash or Overturning collision
- Dropping out-derailment rail way gauges carriages
- All Risks:(as per land transit clause)This insurance covers all risks of direct loss or damage the subject-matter insured and resulting from theft, total loss, and partial loss. Also, non delivery, fire, breakage, rain wetness, and goods to goods contiguity, overturning collision, crash.
Conditions are the same as Cargo Insurance (Sea).